Paradise Africa Distribution and ARMC Launch Women’s Month Competition
Are you an aspiring musician? Well your the time has come for you to launch your career on a global scale.
European based music giants, Africa Distribution along with Africa Rising Music Conference are looking for five South African women artists, producers and managers as a way of marking Women’s Month this August.
The competition is part of Paradise Africa’s mission to provide a dynamic gateway for
independent South African artists to showcase their music on a global scale.
Producers, singers, songwriters, groups and managers or label owners who are currently looking for a distribution partner or label for their music are invited to submit their demos (or their artists demos) via this form here
The winners of the Paradise Women’s Month competition will receive:
• Professional mastering by Berlin-based studio partner Black Head Studios.
• Creation of artwork and social media assets used to promote the release.
• The backing of a professional team and label structure to plan and execute the release of your music globally with proper shop marketing.
• A&R Feedback from label managers based in Paradise’s San Francisco, Johannesburg and Berlin offices.
• One lucky artist will be presented with a label deal from Paradise Sound System
• One lucky artist will get Plugging for their single to all SA radio stations
• Each of the 5 artists / managers will receive R1000 spend for the promotion of the music across social platforms
Interested artists, producers and managers must fill in the form as well as promote their current release or previous work online, tagging Paradise Africa.
PSS’s A&R teams will announce the winners at the end of August.
Since the launch of Paradise Sound System in January 2020, the new initiative has made an impact on the South African and international markets, with a stream of diverse releases by artists like Zakes Bantwini, Max Hoba, Terrence Mckay and Uncle Nero.
Among PSS’s recent successes have been the featuring of Hoba’s album Beyele on the worldwide Apple Music store and the collaboration between Dutch DJ Leroy Styles and Bantwini – YEKOKWAM” – making an impact on the European electronic store with a feature on the front store page!
A proud supporter of both international and homegrown DSPs, (including SA’s own Joox & Africas BoomPlay) PSS is currently looking to add to its roster through working with established artists wanting to expand into a global network with the help of PSS’s extensive expertise.
“Aligning with Africa Rising Music conference makes total sense for us at Paradise. We look to encourage and support the development of females across the artist and executive space.” Says Smanga Manela Label Manager Paradise Africa.
Meanwhile, the founder of ARMC said the companies were sharing the same vision and was looking forward to the outcome of the collaboration.
Follow Africa Rising Music Conference here
Follow Paradise Sound System here